Did you ever want to add a specific content to all of your posts or pages? Yes? Me too! That’s why I’ve created the Content After Posts Plugin for WordPress.
It allows you to add content after posts, pages or even custom post types. But even better: you can add content before the content and if you’re using the new block editor (Gutenberg) you can add content anywhere in your posts! Because there are now placeholders available to you.
Furthermore, the plugin (from version 2.1.x and up) can also display content on archive pages (if available by your theme).
The plugin also allows you to control where exactly a specific content should appear. For example you can tell the plugin so show it only for posts in a specific category, or multiple categories.
Scroll down to learn more!
Easily add content after posts in three steps:
- Write content
- Setup a ruleset and define where it should appear
- Be happy!
For the pros:
Define exactly where your content should appear by using this intuitive rule generator:
Possibilities are endless
Define exactly where and when your content should appear and what position it should have within a post, page or custom post type.
Yes, we covered this as well:
Some theme and/or plugins to not always use the
the_content filter. That is the “function” WordPress uses to output the content. So what I did is to let you choose if you want to use this hook or just a different one! Eeeeeeeeesy!
WordPress 5.0 support
Since version 2.x the plugin now has WordPress 5.0 and Gutenberg support. Gutenberg is the new block editor that comes shipped with WP 5. With that you have the option to add content right within any of your posts! How awesome is this?
So what are the main benefits?
- Strong plugin that exists for more than 4 years
- Actively maintained and supported
- Add content after, before, or in your content
- Allow to replace content
- Define rules and rulesets do tell the plugin where to show your content
- Block-Editor (Gutenberg) ready
- Super Easy to use
- Language ready (.po files included)
- Already translated into: English and German
- Automatic Updates
- Uninstall feature
Support & Testimonials
- Made in Germany.
- All technical requests regarding the plugin will end up in the engineers email account not in asia or anywhere else.
- You will get support from the guy who wrote the plugin.
Some quotes of our customers (this and other products):
- “Dear WP-Buddy, WOW, thanks so much for super service and great product.”
- “Thanks WP-Buddy for listening to your buyers. Great support thanks again.”
- “Thank you so much for the briefing. Awesome services.”
- “I just found your plugin on Code Canyon, I love the quality of it and it shows you have great talent.”
- “Thanks a lot for the help and support mate. It seems good after testing… please let me know u have anymore products for sale or in pipline lol”
- “Thanks SO MUCH for taking time and writing to me the valuable information about snippets.”
Notes and Requirements
- This plugin requires: PHP7.0 WordPress 4.9. running on your webserver (if you don’t know how to update to the latest version, read this)
- Note: this plugin cannot add CAPs (Content After Posts) into articles that are loaded dynamically via a third-party shortcode.
- 2.1.2 (Max 8, 2019)
- Fix: register REST API routes on a different hook to avoid custom post type registration problems with other plugins
- 2.1.1 (May 3, 2019)
- Fix: CAP appeared after the content if there was a rule that excluded a category
- 2.1.0 (Feb. 5, 2019)
- New: Allow to tag content from archive pages.
- New: It’s possible to show matched rules when WP_DEBUG mode is ON.
- Fixed: It was not possible to match posts displayed on archive pages.
- Fix PHP warning when no content hook was found
- Updated language translations
- 2.0.3 (Dec. 12, 2018)
- Fix issue that may cause a PHP fatal error during upgrade a process
- Fix issue where some rules might been overwritten with old configurations
- 2.0.2 (Dec. 7, 2018)
- Fix translation issue on WordPress 5.0
- 2.0.1 (Dec. 7, 2018)
- Fix: translation files were missing on WordPress 5.0
- 2.0.0 (Nov. 12, 2018)
- New: WordPress 5.0 compatibility
- New: Block Editor (Gutenberg) compatibility
- New: Position metabox that allows you to precisely choose where your CAP should appear.
- New: Several new rules that let you target templates, post statuses, post formats, taxonomies, page parents, and post published date and times and a lot more.)
- New: Block Editor Placeholder
- Language file updates
- 1.8.1 (Oct. 18, 2017)
- Fix a variable issue when using closures in PHP 7.1
- 1.8.0 (Feb. 09, 2017)
- New: Allow to completely replace the content.
- Fixed a fatal error thrown when the plugin was used with PHP > 7.1.0
- 1.7.0 (Aug. 12, 2016)
- New: Allow to display CAPs on posts that are older than x days.
- New: Added new filter: wpbcap_older_than (see Filters)
- General compatibility with WordPress 4.6.
- Updated language files
- Updated “about us” metabox
- 1.6.0 (Feb. 10, 2016)
- New: Allow to integrate into feed content
- New: Allow to hook into the_excerpt and get_the_excerpt, too.
- Some language translations.
- 1.5.3 (Jan. 27, 2016)
- Fixed an issue where some users were not able to activate the plugin
- Fixed an issue where the CAPs did not appear on category pages even when the appropriate checkbox has been checked
- 1.5.2 (Nov. 6, 2015)
- Fixed an issue where the plugin may cause a PHP fatal error while checking for updates
- 1.5.1 (Nov. 2, 2015)
- Fixed a “PHP Parse error” when the plugin is used with PHP < 5.6.
- Fixed issue with Visual Composers role manager
- 1.5.0 (Oct. 30, 2015)
- New: Compatibility with “Ultimate addons for Visual Composer”
- Fix: compatibility with Visual Composer > 4.8
- Update the update-mechanism to use the new WP-Buddy API
- 1.4.1 (Jul. 10, 2015)
- Fix: Plugin produces a PHP fatal error when trying to update itself on some hosts.
- 1.4.0 (Feb. 25, 2015)
- New: Introducing three new filters (see FAQ)
- 1.3.3 (Feb. 23, 2015)
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to exclude posts
- 1.3.2 (Nov. 21, 2014)
- Fixed a problem with the update procedure (plugin was not able to retrieve the update package)
- 1.3.1 (Nov. 19, 2014)
- Fixed a problem where the timer was set, even when no time was set.
- 1.3.0 (Sept. 10, 2014)
- New: Allow to set the conjunction of categories
- Fix: Fixed a PHP warning when a select field has no additional arguments.
- 1.2.2 (July 18, 2014)
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to show CAPs only when post types where selected
- Now doing
- 1.2.1 (July 1, 2014)
- Fixed a bug where the script might cause an internal server error (500)
- 1.2.0 (June 30, 2014)
- New: Allow to don’t show CAPs on front-, home, blog, category, tag, taxonomy, author, archive and search pages.
- Fixed a bug where the CAP did not display when a category was chosen.
- Some language translations changed
- 1.1.0 (June 24, 2014)
- New: Allow to choose categories
- New: Allow to add a start and an end timer
- New: Allow to deactivate the about, help and social meta box
- New: Now works with Visual Composer, too.
- Some language translations changed
- 1.0.0 (June 10, 2014)
- First version available to the public
- Click here for a full version history.