HTML 5 and CSS 3 are in the near future going to revolutionize the world of web design. In the near future the websites are going to be a combination of HTML 5 and CSS3. The expectations of the business from the websites are increasing, so much so that the businesses want the website to perform as efficient and effective business/sales representatives. It is because of this that the HTML 4 and the earlier versions of CSS are proving inefficient. Let us first know something about HTML 5 and then CSS 3.
HTML 5 offers such coding that facilitates better incorporation of audio and video. It is also going to allow better user interface among the websites. Usually the HTML portrays the whole content of the website including the heading, titles and the content therein. HTML 4 that featured old coding style is now being replaced by HTML5. 1997 saw the launching of the HTML. In the early 90s the websites needed to just have the images and text content. HTML was the perfect coding language at that time. The world of internet and website has undergone a sea of change since then. The businesses now want the website to be interactive and media rich. This is where the limitations of HTML 4 come into play and the application of HTML 5 starts.
CSS is the acronym of Cascading Style Sheets. It pertains to the look of the content when a visitor visits the website. The fonts, colors and the background play a crucial role in the look of the website. The CSS2, earlier version of CSS3 was good for the styles needed by the websites in the 1990s but not now. The restriction of CSS2 to a specific range of styles, fonts and effects limits the use of CSS2. As mentioned earlier the websites of today need to be made more appealing and interactive. The CSS3 has been designed to facilitate the website designer with tools to make the website visually more appealing and incorporate it with structurally more complex elements.
Effect of the combination of HTML 5 and CSS 3:
- The visual effects will be made more appealing. With the help of HTML 5 and CSS 3 it is easier coding the websites to have drop shadows and round corners.
- The Fonts can be customized.
- The look of the tables can be enhanced by using better styles.
- The designers are provided with Web Sockets. This allows faster transfer of online data and communication. Updates from the server can be got in real time.
- HTML 5 and CSS 3 make new forms available to the website designers. This facilitates the designers with native functionality. The designers need to do less overall coding just because there is no need of scripting for validation.
- Use of HTML 5 and CSS 3 allows better accesses information. The emails can be stored and later viewed offline.
- The facility of Geo Location can also be incorporated.
- HTML5 and CSS3 allow incorporating Canvas on to the website. Canvas is a native type of drawing functionality.
Web designing with the help of HTML5 and CSS3 makes the designer independent of plugins from third party. Usually these plugins pertain to video, audio or interactivity.[ad_2]
Source by Alan L Smith