Time management tips are the royal road to living meaningfully, helping you make time choices that champion your values. Want to start today? Then clarify your values now, and update them regularly.
5 Essential Insights about Values
Values help you define who you are.
Values create the frame for your life. They influence your actions and help you define not only what’s important, but also what’s essential to you. Values help you answer questions such as, “Who am I?” and “How do I choose to use my time?”
Your values may be consistent or they may change through time.
Here are 3 possible scenarios for how you may experience your values over time. Which model applies to you, and how has this shaped your life?
- Your values remain relatively consistent throughout your life, gradually becoming more refined and delineated.
- A major life event reorients your perspective. From this altered vantage point, what matters to you may change completely.
- Your values undergo small and repeated revisions as you address the challenges and the changed landscape of successive decades.
Any of these possibilities are viable, if your values sustain you. In each instance, you develop an inner guidance system to direct you through your day.
Values clarification helps you determine what’s significant in your life.
Through diverse exercises and self-exploration, values clarification is a process for gaining perspective about what’s most important to you. In an open-ended way, clarifying your values presents options, dilemmas, and questions that guide you to your individual truth. If you have difficulty establishing priorities, try clarifying your values. Then time choices will become much easier for you!
Peeling back the layers helps you focus on the essence of a value.
As you develop new insights and understanding about life, you might delve more deeply into the core of a particular value.
For example, you might place a premium on honesty:
- Does that mean you speak your mind, no matter what, though it might devastate someone else?
- How do you frame your honest communication?
- How do you encourage others to be honest with you?
As you mature, the nuances deepen, and your values develop new richness and complexity.
By observing yourself, you’ll notice what’s most important to you.
Stand outside yourself, and observe how you move through your life.
- Do you make decisions from an integrated place?
- Are your actions consistent with your beliefs and values?
- Are your relationships built upon supporting one another’s integrity, or upon old patterns of collusion that work against you?
Note when certain values strike a deep, resonant chord and help you prioritize your options. Those choices that both simplify and enhance your life are your central values.
Values are deeply personal, and determine how you experience your entire life. Remember, you always have the right to establish values that speak to your truth! And you always have the power to use your time accordingly. Put your best energy into your time choices, and your life will fulfill you!
Now ask yourself, what choice can you make right now to align your time choices with your values more powerfully?[ad_2]
Source by Paula Eder